Get more of out your massage by managing your stress in between sessions. Here are 20 ideas for you to try:
1. Set aside time to talk to your family and friends about your concerns.
2. Practice focused relaxation. Sit comfortably, noticing where you feel discomfort. Breathe slowly into these areas.
3. Make a list of people and things you are grateful for.
4. Set boundaries at work and home.
5. Meditate. Take a class or try out a group.
6. Bike, jog, or just take a 10-minute walk.
7. Dance! Take a ballroom dance or just have some fun in your living room and crank up the music!
8. Massage your aching neck or back.
9. Stretch. Ask your massage therapist for some suggestions or review the stretching exercises in our blog.
10. Take a yoga or tai chi class.
11. Have a cup of caffeine-free herbal tea.
12. Practice deep, full body breathing if you can’t sleep.
13. If possible, take action to change situations that are troubling you.
14. Relieve yourself of responsibilities that don’t feel right any longer. Saying “no” does wonders!
15. Try new things, like a new , nutritious and tasty food.
16. Assign yourself a time to “fret” — then move on to your day-to-day activities.
17. If you feel that stress threatens to overwhelm you, seek a professional counselor.
18. Take a hot bath. Add several drops of essential oils like lavender or ylang-ylang for relaxation.
19. Try biofeedback.
20. Take a painting, writing or photography class.
What are you favorite ways to de-stress?